Project Manager/Roadway Engineer
Employment Category/Status: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ (08034) US
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager/Roadway Engineer to join our growing Cherry Hill, NJ office. KMA is a diversified engineering firm offering transportation based services throughout New Jersey. KMA is searching for a professional engineer with a background in highway design and experience in project management for NJDOT, NJ Turnpike Authority, and NJ Counties. The successful candidate will work with senior management to prepare technical and price proposals, develop schedules and manage multi-discipline projects from inception to completion. The candidate will represent KMA through regular interactions with senior executives of our clients. The candidate must be self-motivated and will be assigned to deliver projects on schedule and within established budgets.
• Plan, direct and coordinate transportation projects to ensure that goals and objectives are met within prescribed time frames and funding parameters;
• Provide technical oversight of plans, reports and other products, including quality and constructability reviews;
• Professional development and daily management of civil/highway staff;
• Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects and coordinate assignments of project personnel;
• Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties and responsibilities;
• Develop highway design plans, construction plans, cross-sections, drainage/grading plans, maintenance and protection of traffic plans, utility plans, earthwork calculations, and alignment plans;
• Develop and maintain business relationships with clients, contractors, outside consultants and government and regulatory agencies;
• Lead and contribute to successful proposals and business development activities, including participation in industry functions and events.
• BSCE from an ABET accredited university;
• Registered Professional Engineer in New Jersey;
• Five (5) to ten (10) years of Highway/Transportation Engineering Design experience;
• Experience with NJDOT Design Manuals and Capital Project Delivery Process;
• Demonstrated experience working on multiple transportation based projects, in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the positive attitude and motivation to become an integral part of the firm’s long-term growth;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads software platforms
• Proficiency with Primavera scheduling software; familiarity with other, similar project scheduling software a plus;
Mostly day travel within NJ. Must have a valid driver’s license.