KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Water Resources/H&H Engineer (ASCE Level P-III to P-IV) to provide water resource design and guide entry level staff on highway and bridge engineering projects. The position will be based out of KMA’s Cherry Hill, New Jersey office. The candidate will be required to prepare engineering drawings, calculations, reports, and other related engineering tasks. The candidate will support transportation projects by performing a wide range of water resources related tasks. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater management (SWM) design and compliance, roadway drainage design, soil erosion and sediment control design, flood studies, bridge hydraulics and scour analysis, and plan and report preparation.
- Engineer will perform H&H, E&SC, drainage, and SWM tasks associated with bridge replacement and highway improvement projects for clients throughout New Jersey, with a focus in NJDOT and NJ Turnpike Authority projects;
- Engineer will interact with clients regarding technical challenges with opportunities to perform project management, if desired;
- Engineer will develop plans, technical reports, and specifications; and
- Engineer will provide design assistance to our geotechnical, structural, utility, and environmental groups on an as-needed basis.
- Education: BSCE from an ABET accredited university/program;
- Work Experience: 3-10 years, including H&H modeling of natural systems and stormwater collections systems, floodplain management and modeling, stream restoration design, culvert and bridge hydraulics, scour analysis, E&SC design, drainage design, stormwater management design, plan review, and plan and report preparation;
- Essential Software Capabilities: MicroStation V8i, ArcGIS, HY-8, HEC-RAS, HEC-1 OR HEC-HMS, TR-55, TR20, PondPack, StormCadd or any other drainage design programs;
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) software platform;
- Produce high quality technical writing for use in reports, specifications, studies, and other engineering documents;
- Understanding of design criteria with prior project experience with NJDOT and NJTA projects; and
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and written skills.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License; and
- Plan production via MicroStation, with design experience.
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Registration/Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Association/Organization Fee Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, references, and a cover letter to Tony Davis, Human Resources Manager, at Tdavis@kmapc.net.