Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer – Highway Group
Employment Category/Status: Permanent, Full-time
Location: 1010 Berlin Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, United States
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. (KMA) is seeking an Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer –Highway (ASCE Level P-IV) to assist in the design and project management of highway engineering projects. The position will be based from KMA’s Cherry Hill, New Jersey office.
- Provide engineering for the preparation of drawings, calculations, reports, and other related tasks;
- Provide engineering for the layout of horizontal and vertical geometries, design of ADA compliant facilities, cost estimation, traffic control, constructability, specifications, plan development, utilities, ROW, permits, client meetings, traffic data collection and analysis, and the preparation of NJDOT/NJTA/County project packages;
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager for the coordination of client interactions, subconsultant direction, and/or staff oversight; and
- The candidate may be required to provide design assistance to our drainage, geotechnical, structural, utility, environmental, mapping, and survey groups on an as-needed basis. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, under direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- BSCE from an ABET accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) License in the State of New Jersey;
- Four (4) to eight (8) years experience in Highway/Transportation Engineering Design;
- Experience with NJDOT Design Manuals and Capital Project Delivery Process;
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple transportation-based projects in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the positive attitude and motivation to become an integral part of the firm’s long-term growth; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MicroStation and InRoads software platforms; and
- Proficiency with Primavera scheduling software; or familiarity with similar project scheduling software.
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc., founded in 2003, is a dynamic, rapidly growing, multi-disciplined engineering firm with state wide capabilities in Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Pavement Engineering, Hydraulic/Hydrology, Utility Investigations, Construction Engineering, Photogrammetric Mapping, Surveying, Traffic Data Collection and Analysis, Traffic Control Services, and Environmental Services.
KMA adheres to the highest standards of professional ethics and conduct. Through a professional, team-oriented atmosphere, KMA delivers the high quality product and services of larger firms while maintaining the client relations and personal touch of a small firm.
Occasional need to drive/travel to work sites (mostly day travel within NJ, with the possibility for some overnight travel to adjoining states). Must have a valid driver’s license. Company vehicles will be made available.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Registration/Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Association/Organization Fee Reimbursement
- Tuition Assistance
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, references, and a cover letter to Tony Davis, Human Resources Manager, at Tdavis@kmapc.net.