Employment Category/Status: Permanent, Full time
Location: 1010 Berlin Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
KMA Consulting Engineers, INC (KMA) is seeking a motivated Environmental Scientist to perform environmental studies and prepare permit applications for transportation and other projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing environmental team within a well-established company. The position will be based from KMA’s Cherry Hill, NJ office.
The candidate will perform environmental studies and prepare applications and approvals to the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), US Army Corps of Engineers-Regulatory Branch, and other federal and state permitting agencies. NJDEP permit involvements will include Freshwater Wetlands, Floor Hazard Area/Riparian Zone, and Coastal Zone Permits (CAFRA, Coastal Wetlands, Waterfront Development). In addition, the candidate will be required to prepare documentation associated with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) approvals, NJ Executive Order 215 (EO215) approvals, and section 4(f) Evaluations. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, with moderate supervision by the Environmental Manager and/or Engineering Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in environmental permitting in New Jersey
- Familiarity with NEPA, Section 4(f), NJ EO 215, NJDEP Division of Land Resources Protection regulations and procedures
- Must be proficient in wetland delineation (1989 Federal Manual) and functional assessment
- Must be familiar with procedures for identification of potential endangered/threatened species and habitats (NJDEP-NHP, USFWS, and NOAA-NMFS Project Reviews)
- Valid driver’s license
- NJDOT Capital Project Delivery Process
- NJ Pinelands Commission Comprehensive Management Plan
- Delaware and Raritan Canal Commission regulations
- US Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation manual (1987) and Regional Supplements (Northeast Supplements only)
- Occasional need to drive/travel to work sites mostly within NJ
- Possibility for overnight travel to adjoining states
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Professional Registration/ Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Association/Organization Fee Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Founded in 2003, KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a dynamic and rapidly growing multi-disciplined engineering firm. KMA has statewide capabilities in Highway, Structural, Geotechnical, Pavement, Hydraulics/Hydrology, Construction Engineering, as well as Utility Investigations, Photogrammetric Mapping, Surveying, Traffic Control Services, Traffic Data Collection and Analysis, and Environmental Services.
KMA adheres to the highest standards of professional ethics and conduct. Through a professional, team-oriented atmosphere, KMA delivers the high-quality product and services of the larger firms while maintaining the client relations and personal touch of a small firm.
Interested candidates, please email your resume, references, and a cover letter to Tony Davis, Human Resources Manager, at Tdavis@kmapc.net.
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. KMA does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local laws.