Employment Category/Status: Permanent, Full-time
Location: 1010 Berlin Road, Cherry Hill, NJ (08034) US
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking an Entry-Level Roadway/Drainage Engineer to assist in the design of highway engineering projects. The position will be based from KMA’s Cherry Hill, New Jersey office. The candidate will be required to prepare engineering drawings, calculations, reports, and other related engineering tasks.
The primary roadway responsibilities of the position will include the layout of horizontal and vertical geometries, design of ADA compliant facilities, cost estimation, traffic control, constructability, specifications, plan development, utilities, ROW, permits, client meetings, and the preparation of NJDOT/NJTA/County project packages. In addition, the candidate may be required to provide design assistance to our drainage, geotechnical, structural, utility, environmental, mapping, traffic, and survey groups on an as needed basis.
The primary drainage responsibilities of the position will include the analysis, design and detailing of stormwater drainage system components and water resource design. This position requires a detailed knowledge of engineering design concepts related to hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater management (SWM) design and compliance, roadway drainage design, soil erosion and sediment control design, flood studies, bridge hydraulics and scour analysis, and plan and report preparation.
In addition to the primary responsibilities, this position will also be responsible for assisting with the development of contract documents such as plans, specifications, and cost estimates for various types of NJDOT/NJTA/County projects. This position will also be involved with the review of construction documents, such as shop drawings or contractor requests for information during the construction management phase of a project.
The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, under direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university/program;
- Candidates must possess familiarity with CADD software platforms: Bentley MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Candidates must have command of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) software; and
- Candidates should possess FE/EIT or must be able sit for the FE/EIT within six months of hire date.
- Familiarity with StormCAD, ArcGIS, HY-8, HEC-RAS, HEC-1 OR HEC-HMS, TR-55, TR20, PondPack, or any other drainage design programs;
- Familiarity with the NJDOT Design Manual – Roadway and the NJDOT Capital Delivery Process;
- Familiarity with the NJDOT ROW Design Guidelines and Access Design Guidelines;
- Familiarity with the NJTA Design Manual and NJTA Procedures Manual; and
- Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills.
Occasional need to drive/travel to work sites (mostly day travel within NJ with the possibility for some overnight travel to adjoining states). Must have a valid driver’s license. Company vehicles will be made available.
KMA Consulting Engineers, Inc., founded in 2003, is a dynamic, rapidly growing, multi-disciplined engineering firm with state wide capabilities in Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Pavement Engineering, Hydraulic/Hydrology, Utility Investigations, Construction Engineering, Photogrammetric Mapping, Surveying, Traffic Data Collection and Analysis, Traffic Control Services, and Environmental Services.
KMA adheres to the highest standards of professional ethics and conduct. Through a professional, team-oriented atmosphere, KMA delivers the high quality product and services of larger firms while maintaining the client relations and personal touch of a small firm.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Registration/Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
- Professional Association/Organization Fee Reimbursement
- Tuition Assistance
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, references, and a cover letter to Tony Davis, Human Resources Manager, at Tdavis@kmapc.net.